Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Wednesday 28 November 2012

"We're GODS LONELY MEN"

Gods Lonely Men are not The Lurkers, well they are, except in name. Original Lurkers Pete Stride, Nigel Moore and Esso have got together with a new name that gives a nod to the past and a bunch of songs from the present. It's hard not to compare GLM to The Lurkers, so I'll try not to. I've not got a lot to go on as moneys tight so I haven't been able to buy a copy of the album, but I have heard the three tracks posted on their website, which are worthy enough of a review. GLM have a dark and heavy sound, while still maintaining those trade mark Lurker guitar licks'n'riffs and that rhythm. Vocal duties are handled by Pete, with his distinctive vocal delivery. Every Night's A Story, is a catchy little chugger of a tune. Surviving is a half spoken half sung tune that gets into yer head and buzzes about. Chemical Landslide which is available here to download for free is a no frills but a lots of thrills blast of old school punk pop. A welcome return to Pete, Nigel and Esso, and on the strength of these three tracks, if I had it, I would splash the cash on a copy of the album. So if you've got it, go spend it here!

3 comments:

Longy said...

I brought it a few weeks ago. I was a bit surprised how good it was.

Longy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pete Haynes said...

send me your address and we'll send you a copy of our album - thanks for the review - Esso esso@petehaynes.co.uk