Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Sunday 6 March 2011

THE CAEZARS - A Review and Some Tunes.


I seem to have been going on some weird Rock’n’Roll trip recently, triggered by the Jim Jones Experience and their firebrand howl, but then again I’ve also been listening to the Trailer Trash Orchestra and their Neo Country Punk to death, and the new Social Distortion album isn’t shy on country/rockabilly influences.
The trip continued for me on Fri when I popped along to a gig . The write up in the local paper sounded interesting enough to get me out on a cold night and the venue was quite literally up the road from me. The Caezars, are a 4 piece 50’s Punk/Garage/ Rock’n’Roll band. The band played a blinding set, and considering it was the first time I’d heard ’em my foot was tapping throughout. It was a stripped down sound with the stand up bass and minimal drums slapping out the rhythm and beat while the surf tinged guitars and wired vocals rattled and rolled with intensity. The band looked the part and played with passion, soul and honesty, something that’s lacking in these days of technologically over produced music. They’re supporting current NME Faves The Vacinees on tour next month, so does a Rockabilly revival start here? Who knows? Who cares! But if The Caezars ever roll into your town, go check ‘em out. If you like Link Wray and The Cramps I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, anyway as a little taster here are 3 tracks from their Shakedown album. Enjoy the ride!

No comments: