Featured post

Yesterdays news is still today's truth!

They only tell us what they want us to know.....An Anti Austerity Demo gathered outside the BBC headquarters in London the other weekend, ...


.

.

.

.
MAKE SENSE OF THE SENSELESS ! / QUESTION THE QUESTIONABLE ! / SHOUT ABOVE THE NOISE !

Saturday 2 May 2009

SPEAR OF DESTINY - Religion


Went to the local newsagents the other day for a packet of fags and came back with this as well; Spear of Destiny’s 1997 album Religion. I found it nestling next to compilations of Irish Folk Songs, The Best Of Tammy Wynette and Aled Jones Christmas Songs. You know the score, those sort of things shops have near the till, so when yer queuing up, they hope you’ll buy something else as well as what you originally went in the shop for…. SUCKERED! I fell for it, never mind cos it was well worth the £2.99 I paid for it. The fags I bought were more expensive and have long been smoked, but I’ve listened to this quite a few times since I purchased it. It finds the band in a stripped down and anthemic rock mode, good stuff and far better for you than smoking.

No comments: